skip to Main Content

When we should call an emergency electrician stoke on trent?

emergency electrician stoke on trentSome people may not think they should call an emergency electrician in Stoke on Trent. When it comes to electrical problems in the home, prevention is always better than cure, unless absolutely necessary. Not to mention potentially life-threatening situation like house fires or electric shocks, electrical issues can wreck a lot of stuff. Here are some signs that you should contact an emergency electrician in Stoke on Trent right away.

You cannot switch off the power in case of problems

Whenever there appear to be electrical issues within your residence, and you are unable to shut off the power, it is advisable to promptly contact an emergency electrician. If you cannot access the main electrical switch or if it is not working properly, there is a significant risk of electric shock or fire. This is an issue that causes life-threatening situations and should be examined immediately by an electrician.

Loose exit

This is a sign that something else is going on behind your walls. A loose outlet can mean that the circuit breaker on the electrical panel has tripped. If there is only one socket that is not working in a room, it means something more serious is wrong with the wiring. A faulty or loose electrical plug can cause an electric shock or fire, and requires emergency repair.

Black or brown marks around sockets

This is a sign that an electrical arc may have occurred or that the wiring has generated excessive heat. It can also cause a fire or show that the wiring is burning in the walls. If the walls are hot or if you hear or see smoke, leave the house and call the fire brigade. Burns that are black or brown should always result in an emergency electrician being called immediately.

Receiving an electric shock

When you receive an electric shock from a socket, appliance, or light switch, you should immediately can an emergency electrician. An electric shock should not occur during normal use during normal use. Here are some reasons an electric shock could happen:

  • Faulty socket or wiring
  • Obsolete wiring
  • Electric arc
  • Improperly installed appliances or lamps
  • Sockets or electrical installation have been exposed to water

If your electrical system or sockets have been exposed to water for any reason, it is time to call an urgent electrician. Water damage must be dealt with properly by an electrician and is potentially dangerous for homeowners. Water is a high conductor of electricity and can cause a serious or fatal shock.

Has one of these signs occurred in your home? Give us a call.

Sometimes it is simply best to call and speak to a technician about your home’s electrical problems. If you require an urgent electrician in Stoke, please do not hesitate to call us on our dedicated number at: 01782301008. We are available 24 hours a day and will come to your home as soon as possible. 

We collaborate with: Emergency Plumber Reading, Emergency Electrician Northampton, 24 hour emergency and Emergency Locksmith 24h

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *